Before the service begins, you are encouraged to pray silently or turn to the text or the first song of praise and meditate upon its words as we prepare to worship the living God. After the service, which closes with the benediction and a brief moment of silence, you are encouraged to “greet every saint in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4.21).
* Indicates standing if you are able
CALL TO WORSHIP
*INVOCATION Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we your unworthy servants give you humble and hearty thanks for your goodness and loving kindness to us and all people. We bless you for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all, for your inestimable love in the redemption of sinners by our Lord Jesus Christ, for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory.
We beg you to give us that due sense of all your mercies, that our hearts may be truly thankful, and that we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives; by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom with you and the Holy Spirit be all honor and glory, world without end. Amen.
* GOD’S GREETING
* SONG OF PRAISE (#204) Psalm 103: “O Come My Soul, Bless Thou the Lord”
* SONG OF THANKSGIVING (#222.1-3, 6) Psalm 111: “O Give the Lord Whole-hearted Praise”
OFFERING (for the URC Spanish ministry in Los Angeles)
* SONG OF PREPARATION (#217) Psalm 107: “O Praise the Lord, for He Is Good”
* PRAYER FOR ILLUMINATION
SCRIPTURE READING Psalm 118
SERMON “God is Good and His Steadfast Love Endures Forever”
PRAYER OF APPLICATION
* SONG OF THANKSGIVING (#284) Psalm 136: “Give Thanks to God, for Good Is He” [tune: “The Church’s One Foundation”]
* GOD’S BENEDICTION